Sunday, October 2, 2011

Idaho, Montana, Wyoming...

We've had an eventful two days. Saturday, we covered about 500 miles: the Idaho panhandle and Western Montana. My boss John grew up in Western Montana, so he gave us some advice on where to go. He directed us away from busy highway 90 to some smaller highways and gravel roads. We had beautiful weather all day, and we took some great pictures.
Montana, Big Sky Country:
 Smoke from a wildfire blowing across the top of the ridge:
 Ranch land:
 Late afternoon sun:
We drive as far as possible and made it to Lima, MT. It was the only town for miles and it had one motel and one restaurant. We woke up early this morning so that we would have plenty of time to see Yellowstone and Grand Teton.
From Lima, we drove down near the Montana/Idaho border and followed a gravel road through the countryside, toward West Yellowstone. It was raining on and off but we got a good rainbow picture:
 Then we finally got to Yellowstone. The park is huge. And weird. There's steam rising up from the earth all over the place. Yellowstone was once a volcano. Back in the day, it exploded, creating a huge crater that makes up a large portion of the park. grassland and forest has grow over the crater, but there is still something bubbling below.
The "Artist's Paint Pots." Colorful pools of steaming hot mineral water:
 You can't tell from this picture, but that little guy was gurgling and throwing up boiling mud:
 More paint pots:

 A typical sight in Yellowstone:
My car among some crazy boulders:
 The landscape of Yellowstone: grassy and woods.
 Mom and Old Faithful. We waited a long time to see the geyser blow. She's not as faithful anymore; harder to predict.
 We almost gave up. But then we saw the eruption!
 After Old Faithful, we made our way south to Grand Teton National Park:
 When Lewis and Clark were on their expedition they stumbled upon these mountains and declared them "grand tetons" (big boobies.) I think they had spent a little too much time in the wilderness up to that point. They were probably both giggling like school girls:



 On our way south through the park, we saw a bunch of cars by the side of the road. Everyone was taking pictures of this female moose:
 And her mate:
I snapped a picture, then got out of there. Some of those crazy fools were getting too close.
We had a nice dinner in Jackson Hole, WY. After driving a while in the dark along a scary Wyoming highway, we decided to sleep in Pinedale. Tomorrow, we're headed to Colorado.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud to say now that I am finally at a place where I have found something that works for me. Almost four years ago I began seeing a classical Homeopath. I was put on a constitutional remedy by Dr Itua herbal center who reside in west africa, and I am amazed at my healing thus far. I will continue to post what worked for me and what didn't in more blogs to come (as this one is getting quite long... and I'm not writing a book on here - not yet anyway). This discovery has not only helped the way I practice, but it has also given me further insight into the world of Herbal  medicine. I came to know more about Dr Itua on Tv Station when I was taking my regular organic coffee at javamania coffee spot I watched the whole scene on how he uses Natural herbs to cure disease like Herpes, Hiv/Aids, Cancers,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma, Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,Alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Parkinson's disease, Als And Diabetes, I was moved by his words then I took a confident step to contact him regarding my health condition Herpes & Prostate Cancer, He prepared his herbal medicine then sent it to me through Courier which I took as it's was instructed and I found myself healing symptoms are all gone I have being watching my health for years now and I finally confirmed that is a permanent cure like he told me at our first conversations so now I'm healthy and happy I purchase his herbal tea which I usually take in the morning before starting my day because it feels good to find addiction on natural herbs than medical drugs so is what I'm doing and loving it more and More to come later on blogs sooner I will be writing my book.I will advise you to contact Doctor Itua Herbal Center for any kind of permanent cure and herbal remedy.Doctor Itua Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Also On Whats-App Calls: +2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete